I kindly need assistance on building the following environment, migrate the database to it:
Under 200 users, a Single combined IIS & SQL Server with a 4-core 2.5 GHz processor, 8 GB of RAM, and 100 GB of storage space for the application and database.
• In terms of size, We currently run Standard B2ms (2 vcpus, 8 GiB memory) and have been advised they may need to scale up to B4ms (4 vcpus, 16 GiB) for the new application.
• This will be a fresh install as it’s a new version but there may be some data migration e.g. data from the exiting SQL database.
• We have been told our costs direct to Azure would stay the same apart from the increase from B2ms to B4ms.
• We currently pay for a Standard SQL license but there was also a question of whether we would be able to use a Web SQL license instead.
• We would want the new Azure server to be provisioned and managed within the existing tenancy.
Leave an answer