I am using Appodeals ads integration on Unity LTS 2017.4.40f1 on mac os x Mojave 10.14.5.
The integation fails with error in Unity iOS Resolver window:
Installing CocoaPods... gem install cocoapods --user-install WARNING: You don't have /Users/developer/.gem/ruby/2.3.0/bin in your PATH. gem executables will not run ERROR: Error installing cocoapods: zeitwerk requires Ruby version >= 2.5
Also in unity console I get this error: “Failed to Install CocoaPods for the current user.”
I have tried many things and all failed.
- I have tried updating my ruby with brew but Unity does not recognize it.
When I type in terminal: ruby -v
I get: ruby 2.5.0p0 (2017-12-25 revision 61468) [x86_64-darwin18]
Unity still can’t see new Ruby
- I tried to to install cocoapods manually many times, it worked well but it’s still not recognizable by Unity/Appodeal
- I tried to go with terminal to Unity project directory and install cocoapods with –user-install switch, and still nothing changed
- I tried adding Ruby paths to $PATH, nothing changes
- I tried multiple Ruby versions, including 2.3.0, 2.5.0 and 2.7.0
- I restarted system and Unity many times, also tried reimporting the plugin
- Tried multiple solutions from web, nothing works
My question is: how to resolve this problem so Appodeal works on my Unity 2017?
Extra question: why seemingly nothing works, why even with cocoapods installed Unity Appodeal still complains?